Our vision is to create an Academy where every child achieves through a relentless focus on high quality teaching and learning, reaching their full potential intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically.
We aim to ensure all children make good or better progress in reading, writing and numeracy and that the gap closes for our pupil premium children.
All staff will consistently and energetically use the most effective methods for teaching to inspire our children.
All staff will have access to high quality training and professional development opportunities to equip us to do so.
We will provide an exciting, relevant and inspiring curriculum creating a learning environment in which your child feels happy, confident, secure and valued.
We aim to provide an environment in which your child feels stimulated and in which he/she will learn to become a more independent creative thinker with a lively and enquiring mind.
Classrooms will be supportive, engaging and a place where FUN can be had together.
We aim to provide equal opportunities for all children regardless of differences in race, gender, religion, disability, and social or economic background.
Our shared vision and ethos:
- Respect - We value the way in which all pupils are unique and our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each individual pupil. We understand the need to treat others how we would want to be treated.
- Responsibility - We value our environment and we aim, through our curriculum, to teach pupils to take responsibility for our world and how we should care for it for future generations, as well as our own. We take responsibility for the mistakes we make, learning from them and understanding that choices have consequences for ourselves, others and/or the environment.
- Friendship - We value the importance of each person in our Academy. We organise our curriculum so that we promote co-operation and understanding between all members of our community. We support our learning, looking after ourselves, each other and the world.
- Compassion - We value the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of each person as well as their intellectual and physical growth, showing courtesy and respect towards other’s beliefs, religions and cultures, accepting that we are all similar but also different.
- Trust - We value the rights enjoyed by each person in our society. We accept each pupil in our school for who they are and we treat them with fairness and honesty. Our Academy is a safe place for pupils to be themselves, trusting that they are: known, heard, accepted and challenged to fly.
- Hope - We aim to enable each person to be successful and we provide equal opportunities for all pupils in our Academy. Each day is a fresh start so our learning is fun and engaging, enabling us to be the best that we can be.
I am a Woodnewton Academy child.
I have great expectations for myself.
I accept the challenge to become the best that I can be.
Yesterday’s failures are behind me.
Today’s successes are now before me.
I will make today the very best day of all,
For this day begins the rest of my life.
I accept responsibility for my behaviour and its’ consequences.
I do not have the right to disturb the learning and well-being of others.
For the education I receive today will make me a leader of tomorrow.
I will determine what I will become.