Our vision is to create an environment where every child achieves through a relentless focus on high quality teaching and learning, reaching their full potential intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically. It is essential that all children feel safe, happy, confident, secure and valued.
We believe that we work together to support and grow one another – staff, children, governors and parent/ carers. This belief is encompassed within our school motto:
Together we believe
Together we achieve
Together we succeed
We believe that all children are entitled to a broad, balanced and rich curriculum which is ambitious and equips them with the knowledge and skills they need to be successful at Woodnewton and beyond. We are fully committed to ensure all our children, including Pupil Premium and SEND, access the Woodnewton curriculum offer to achieve their full potential and be the best they can be.
We aim to provide an environment in which your child feels stimulated and in which he/she will learn to become a more independent creative thinker with a lively and enquiring mind. Classrooms will be supportive, engaging and a place where FUN can be had together. We aim to provide equal opportunities for all children regardless of differences in race, gender, religion, disability, and social or economic background.
All staff will consistently and energetically use the most effective methods for teaching to inspire our children. We value the growth and development of all our staff and will ensure they receive to high quality training and professional development opportunities to equip us to do so.
We aspire for all our children to leave Woodnewton as:
- Successful learners
- Confident individuals
- Responsible citizens
- Effective contributors
Our shared vision and ethos:
- Respect - We value the way in which all pupils are unique and our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each individual pupil. We understand the need to treat others how we would want to be treated.
- Responsibility - We value our environment and we aim, through our curriculum, to teach pupils to take responsibility for our world and how we should care for it for future generations, as well as our own. We take responsibility for the mistakes we make, learning from them and understanding that choices have consequences for ourselves, others and/or the environment.
- Friendship - We value the importance of each person in our Academy. We organise our curriculum so that we promote co-operation and understanding between all members of our community. We support our learning, looking after ourselves, each other and the world.
- Compassion - We value the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of each person as well as their intellectual and physical growth, showing courtesy and respect towards other’s beliefs, religions and cultures, accepting that we are all similar but also different.
- Trust - We value the rights enjoyed by each person in our society. We accept each pupil in our school for who they are and we treat them with fairness and honesty. Our school is a safe place for pupils to be themselves, trusting that they are: known, heard, accepted and challenged to fly.
- Hope - We aim to enable each person to be successful and we provide equal opportunities for all pupils in our school. Each day is a fresh start so our learning is fun and engaging, enabling us to be the best that we can be.