Pen Green, Kingswood, Exeter and Woodnewton
Our Children’s Centres offer safe and welcoming spaces within our 4 sites across Corby where parents, carers and children (under 5) can come together to access groups and services. This is an opportunity to make friends, seek support and establish local and community networks. Some groups are for you to come with your children, others are just for adults.
We aim to provide a wide range of services to improve choice and opportunity for families within Corby and the surrounding areas. We provide services that are respectful of children’s individual differences; we value and celebrate ethnic, linguistic and cultural diversity. We not only focus on providing high-quality education with care for children but also always consider the needs of families. Parent education and adult community education are available for parents within the Centres.
Across our 4 sites we offer an extensive and inclusive programme of universal and targeted groups alongside drop in sessions that are co-facilitated by our experienced and skilled staff. Click here
Groups for Children under 5
Some of the groups do have a specific age range, please check the groupwork timetable for information.
- Drop in (a range of dates / times across the week held at Pen Green, Kingswood and Exeter)
- Baby Massage (a range of dates / time across the week held at Pen Green, Kingswood and Exeter)
- Songs & Rhymes (Woodnewton)
- Messy Play (Pen Green)
- Music and singing (Pen Green)
- Social Babies (Kingswood)
- Breastfeeding support group
- Growing Together (engage in play with your child to encourage reflective parenting)
Shared spaces for Children under 5
- Water room (Pen Green and Kingswood) – bookable slots
- Soft room and Sensory room (Pen Green and Kingswood) – bookable slots
Health Visitor/Midwife Clinics (Please refer to weekly timetable)
Our Health Visitor Clinics are held within all 4 Children’s Centre sites.
There are also Midwife clinics at Pen Green, Woodnewton and Kingswood and Perinatal Clinics at Pen Green (appointment only via Midwives).
Groups for children with SEND (Please refer to weekly timetable)
We also offer groups and support for parents and their children with additional needs:
- Little sparkles (Kingswood)
- Let’s play together (Pen Green)
- Support group for Parents of children with additional needs
Some of our more targeted groups and services are:
- Solihull (parenting support)
- Freedom (Domestic Abuse support)
- GAP (support around post-natal depression)
- Growing with your family (20-week course for parents to think about all elements of raising their family)
- Access to Family Law (solicitor consultation on childcare issues)
We also offer support with:
- 1:1 family support
- 2, 3 and 4 year old funding applications
- referrals to Sleep solutions
- referrals to NORPIP (Northamptonshire Parent Infant Partnership)
- Adult Education including Family Learning Language/Maths/English.
Within our Children’s Centres, we are able to offer 1:1 family visiting. We have experienced family support workers who work within a multi-disciplinary approach to support families with a range of issues that may be affecting them (housing, health, education, debt, domestic abuse, drug misuse, parenting / child development). We believe early intervention is the key to supporting children and families to prevent problems escalating and achieve improved outcomes. We can and do support children and families within the EHA (Early Help Assessment) process.
Our work is based on principles of empowerment, working with children and their families, tailoring plans of support and intervention to the families identified needs. Central to our work is the safeguarding of the child and their family, supporting them to achieve outcomes that support children to develop to the best of their potential.
For our target groups and for our 1:1 family visiting we welcome self-referrals and also referrals from those professional who may be supporting your child and family (School, Health, GP etc.)
A full timetable of the groups and activities at our 4 sites can be accessed here
You can also contact the Family Support Team on 01536 400068 and we will do our best to answer your questions and queries to enable you to be signposted to the group or service that best meets your needs and requirements.